£50000 - £60000 per annum
18 days ago
Rapidly growing Organisation currently seeks a Compliance Officer to head up our Technical Services Team. The team is being created to identify, assess, advise on, monitor, and report on the firm's compliance risk. This is an internal position and will focus on firm wide processes, as well as ensuring that the business complies with external regulatory requirements. The Compliance Officer will be working with senior members of the team across the business reporting to the Partner group.
Key Responsibilities of the Compliance Officer include:
- Leading and helping on the design of programmes that improve compliance.
- Working with department heads to develop a program for reviewing and updating current processes across all business departments.
- Monitor internal compliance with internal processes.
- Ensuring that the business remains compliant with its regulatory obligations to the ICAEW, including annual compliance reviews, AML obligations, hot reviews, and cold review compliance.
- Performing research to stay informed about compliance standards.
- Educating employees and partners through training sessions.
- Motivating employees to exceed compliance standards.
- Conducting investigations to discover the root cause of compliance problems as they arise.
- Ad hoc tasks and projects.
Requirements/Skills for the Compliance Officer include:
- Qualified accountant with 10+ years of experience from a practice background (ACA or ACCA)
- In-depth understanding of ICAEW standards and regulations.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communicator and ability to work with the wider senior team.