City of London, London
£65000 - £70000 per annum
10 months ago
Transaction execution and origination
- Origination and conversion: identify, originate and convert our client base and pipeline of large (e.g. Series A and Series B) capital raising transactions by leveraging your own contacts and the firms vast network of high-impact enterprises.
- Transaction delivery: project manage and drive transactions with our clients and potential investors to successful completion. This work will include both rigorous client preparation, engaging and negotiating with institutional investors, ongoing tactical advice and assistance to clients, finalising commercial terms and proactive transaction management to completion.
- Investors: complement and strengthen our institutional investor network by introducing investors you have engaged with or approached previously when managing transactions, or new ones you have identified in the market.
General personal and business development
- Proactively develop your own network of contacts and interact with impact enterprises, institutional investors and other stakeholders as well as advisers across the industry.
- Represent ClearlySo externally at events and conferences.
- Help raising the profile of the company's brand by contributing to creative marketing campaigns and assisting with administration and coordination of our events.
- Demonstrate strong corporate finance transaction experience, preferably in originating converting and executing institutional (e.g. Series A and / or Series B) capital raising transactions for high-growth organisations, from working in a leading professional services advisory firm(s).
- Experience in managing and driving all aspects of transactions involving our clients engaging with institutional investors, including thorough preparation with clients, outreach to investors, negotiation of terms, management of due diligence and overall transaction project management and tactical advice to clients.
- Ability to work on and manage larger, more demanding and complex transactions with clients seeking to raise significant sums of capital from institutional investors.
- Confident professional with a bias for action and experience in effectively contacting, engaging with, proactively driving and closing transactions with - and ensuring effective coverage of - institutional investors.
- An independent and reliable colleague who can effectively engage with current or new investors on specific transaction opportunities or wider coverage.
- Enthusiasm for working in a small, entrepreneurial company and a boutique corporate finance firm and good cultural fit with the team.
- Natural ability to make positive initial impression, sell and form deep and lasting relationships.
- Clear commitment to and passion for a better financial system where the impact of investments is considered alongside financial risk and return (NOTE: No prior experience in this area is required).
- Attention to detail and financial prudence; rigorous and highly professional approach to managing clients and transactions; and experience working in a regulated environment.
Nice to haves:
- Insights and experience of transactions in one or more of our five impact themes.
- An existing network of investors active in the impact investment or PE/VC funds market.
- Strong connections and network with institutional investors in Europe or family offices.
- Experience of working within impact enterprises/ investors.
- Experience of working on M+A transactions.
- Knowledge of trends and regulations affecting the impact investment market.
- Proficiency in one or more Continental European languages.
What we offer:
- An exciting and challenging role at Europe's leading impact investment bank.
- The opportunity to work alongside a highly-motivated and diverse team with a strong commitment to achieving our mission and track record in closing impact transactions, which is uniquely positioned to capitalise on the surge in transaction activity in impact investing.
- A salary at the higher end of the impact investing sector; stock options; pension contribution; and potential for bonuses based upon firm-wide and individual performance.
- A pleasant, collaborative and dynamic place of work.