City of London, London
£45000 - £48000 per annum
15 days ago
Prestigious International Bank based in the City of London, are looking to recruit a Credit Administration Specialist to join their growing London Operations. The Credit Administration Department (CAD) is responsible for managing Documentation and Credit Control activities for Corporate Investment Banking and Private Banking business post credit approvals.
Main responsibilities of the Credit Administration Specialist will include;
- Maintain credit facility files with all the relevant documents received from the Coverage teams, scanning of facility documentation before recording them in the vault for safe custody.
- Prepare standard & non-standard documentation, Syndicated Agreements, Facility Offer Letters, Security related documents, Internal & External legal opinions and other condition precedent documents, etc. in compliance with sanctioned credit approvals.
- Ensure all security/support documents have been properly executed, signatures are verified and authenticities of the signatories are supported by resolution/POA
- Coordinate with CAD-International team in Head Office/Product Specialists/Coverage and Credit Teams as and when required in order to complete the documentation process/limit release in the Bank's Systems.
- Ensure approval from relevant authorities is held for deferrals/waiver of any incomplete documents.
- Ensure rectification of existing discrepancies/deficiencies (if any) in documentation.
- Encode lodgement of documents and update collateral data in the Bank's system.
- Verify and confirm periodically at the time of renewal/review of credit limits that all required security/support documents are physically held in safe custody and periodic clean-up of old and obsolete facility/security documents upon settlement.
- Verify approvals requested for permanent release of collaterals, security documentation and ensuring that there are no liabilities or outstanding and facilities are cancelled from the system.
- Encode and activate credit limits and ensure accurate detailing before inputting the same into the Bank's system.
- Maintain accuracy with regards to application of interest rates, commission, charges and various types of fee.
- Prepare instructions for provisioning of accounts, customer grade changes, suspension of interest changes and write-off entries.
- Prepare Facility Summary Sheet and sharing copies of Loan Agreements to Loan Middle Office related to Loan Administration Function.
- Carry out monthly activities such as review of limits in GLCMS and Core Banking System (T24), amendment of interest rates as applicable.
- Encode up to date Overdraft interest rates codes in the Bank's system.
- Prepare and submit monthly activity report on illustrating the total volume of transactions processed by the department.
- Prepare and circulate documentation deficiency (expired/deferred documents) and collateral reports and following up for its timely submission /renewal.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Commerce or any relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years with at least 3 years' of experience in Credit Admin function and legal documentation within a Financial Institution.
- Innovative, strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- High integrity and business ethics.
- In depth knowledge of Banking sector, client's sectors, industries and market trends.
- Very good knowledge of Banking Products / Corporate Credit Administration functions.