Our client are a leading bank based in the city who are currently looking for a Credit Administrator to join the team on a 6 month fixed term basis. The Credit administrator is expected to carry out over time all round credit administration function from post approval to post-completion.
The role entails collaborating with internal and external stakeholders/counterparties (Business, Credit, Remedial, Operations, Treasury, panel solicitors and valuers) as needed to ensure each stage is timely managed for a range of lending products which is chiefly made up of real estate loans but also includes SME working capital, trade finance facilities and Islamic lending.
Responsibilities for Credit Administrator
- Solicit fee quotes from solicitors on panel in respect of lease vetting and consent, discharge and release requests from Business, Remedial or Credit.
- Collaborate with business and coordinate the appointment of solicitors as chosen by client
- Follow up with solicitors (and valuers if needed) until the matter is completed, resolving issues and/or referring them to the Head of Credit Administration or, where relevant, the Head of Credit Approval, Head of Credit in accordance with delegated authorities. Keep Business updated on the progress.
- Maintain and update the data associated with limits, review date, expiry date, insurance, collateral, cash lien, tenancy etc in system and applicable data bases.
- Follow up with bank solicitors for full set of dated and signed pdf copies of credit documents.
- Follow up with bank solicitors for perfection of bank's executed charge documents and thereafter the return of full set of signed and dated hardcopies.
- Follow up on any condition subsequent.
- Review insurance policy and update the record in system and applicable data base.
- Attend to loan redemption requests.
- Maintain proper filing system and assist in the maintenance of data bases used by CAD.
- Participate in the property revaluation project
- Update of interest rate in system
Skills and competencies
- Credit Administration & process experience with Buy to Let (residential and commercial) & SME banking product knowledge.
- Experience of process and technology solutions for risk mitigation & control.
- Knowledge in Islamic lending - Commodity Murabaha and Diminishing Musharaka desirable but not essential
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets & database tools.
- Strong understanding of credit documentation, security perfection, valuation, collateral management by way of work experience and relevant laws and regulations.
- Hybrid Working