City of London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
6 months ago
Our client, a prestigious International Bank based in the City, are looking to recruit an FI (Financial Institutions) Credit Analyst. In this position, you'll work closely with the internal and external stakeholders to provide risk assessments on business initiatives in accordance with client's Risk Appetite. The portfolio coverage includes Financial Institutions, SME, Retail and Corporate counterparts with particular, albeit not exclusive, emphasis to MENA, Francophone, and sub-Saharan African countries.
Main responsibilities of the FI Credit Analyst will include;
- Prepare Credit proposals and analyse new and existing Financial Institutions (FIs) counterparties.
- Review transaction material from the front office and provide challenge, if necessary.
- Determine the internal risk rating of the Bank's counterparties using rating model(s).
- Make recommendations for new or amended limits.
- Adhere to the Credit Procedure governing the life-cycle of the approval process.
- Set approved internal Limits (and static data) in the internal systems and ensure risk codes/flags are accurate.
- Monitor credit conditions of counterparties and sovereigns.
- Create and maintain credit files in accordance with the Credit Procedure.
- Prepare and review daily reports of counterparty exposures and excesses.
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc reports for Management and other Committee meetings.
- Liaise with other Departments internally for Credit related matters.
- Assist Credit Manager(s) in the ongoing and other ad-hoc projects.
- To provide cover for other staff during their absence, as required.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must meet the following criteria in terms of experience and skills;
- Minimum Bachelor degree educated or equivalent.
- Good overall knowledge and understanding of Credit Analysis of Financial Institutions.
- Experience in interpreting financial statements and research materials.
- Good analysis writing and presentation skills.
- A reasonable level of numeracy and quantitative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Understanding of Trade Finance and Treasury products is a plus.
- Understanding of Financial and/or Trading products is a plus.
- Understanding of Corporate loan life-cycle is a plus.
- Some exposure to Retail/Corporate Credit analysis
- Some exposure to loan documentation