City of London, London
£23000 - £26000 per annum
AF - CC - 7985_1581348969
over 1 year ago
- Outstanding opportunity
- Challenging variety of work on offer
My client is a long standing and well established law firm with approximately 140 employees.
With their Head Office in Central London they are looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join their management team in a full time capacity.
Working closely with the Executive this position requires a team player with excellent time management and organisational skills.
This role involves, but is not limited to:
- Credit control;
- Collection of outstanding monies;
- Respond to credit and collections enquiries;
- Work with clients to resolve enquiries and offer assistance in reducing debt;
- Review, approve and monitor payment plans;
- Run monthly statement of accounts;
- Risk Assessment - new and existing clients;
- Management Reporting; and
- Ensure compliance with Engagement Management Practices
- Issue reminder letters/statements to clients in accordance with established procedures
- Follow up all unpaid bills as appropriate by telephone/e-mail/letter
- Issue and send copy invoices where required
- Attend regular meetings with Partners/Business Manager/Revenue Controllers to review accounts receivable listings and agree actions required to clear outstanding balances
- Follow up of any client queries/disputes with Partners/Fee Earners/Revenue Controllers to ensure prompt resolution
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Revenue Control Manager and/or Head of Department/Business Manager.
- Previous experience working in a law firm
- Previous Credit Control experience essential
- Previous experience of using collections/credit control systems
- Experience of working with Elite 3E would be advantageous
- Good IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Excel
The successful applicant will have experience in legal, possess the relevant tertiary qualifications and/or industry equivalent experience along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills together with a proactive management style will ensure your success.