Our Client seeks an experienced Credit Controller to join their team on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Credit Control Manager the Credit Controller will have a strong track record within credit control. A proactive, self-motivated individual with strong communication skills. The Credit Controller will take ownership of a section of the groups debtor portfolio and manage the collection of debt accordingly.
Duties of the Credit Controller include:
- Responsibility of a ledger to the value of £3M
- Full ledger coverage of 100+ Clients.
- Maintenance of all customer information and chasing history on the company's accounting software (Sage 50) and the company's recruitment database
- Annotating chasing commentary on your accounts for use within ledger reviews.
- Monitor outstanding balance against set credit limit and escalate to credit control Manager when limit exceeded.
- Preparing & processing weekly sales invoices.
- Self-Bill Reconciliations
- Issuing statements
- Assisting with cash posting and allocation
- Weekly traffic light reporting to the SMT.
- Meet monthly department and personal KPI Targets.
- Manage chaser paths and ensure a proactive approach is applied to collections and ensure high volume of clients settle within terms.
- Prevention of debt more than 61 days Plus.
- Query resolution.
- Issue reminder letters and statements of account.
- Chase clients to ensure that payment is made to contractual terms and to meet collection targets set by Credit Control Manager.
Requirements for the Credit Controller include:
- Minimum 2 Years' Experience
- Previous experience billing using client portals.
- Previous experience within Recruitment sector desirable however credit professionals from construction industry will also be considered.
- Intermediate Excel - including v-look up & pivot tables.
- Knowledge of Sage Line (accounts) 50.
- Eclipse Recruitment Manager (Pay & Bill) Or Similar Recruitment software.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to deal with people at all levels from Directors to Consultant's.
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Initiative and accountability for own area of responsibility with support provide from the Credit Control Manager