Waltham Abbey, Essex
£22000 - £25000 per annum
9 months ago
Our client, a retail business based in Waltham Abbey, are seeking an experienced Credit Controller to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Effectively chase all customers within your dedicated portfolio of accounts to ensure prompt payment of outstanding invoices and maximize cash receipts.
- Assist in routine assessments of the credit worthiness of prospective and the existing portfolio of customers in accordance with corporate policies and risk management strategy.
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment.
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices.
- Responsible for the capture of disputed items and prompt liaison with Team, Manager and Customer Services to enable timely resolution.
- Assist with sending copy invoices and statements to relevant parties.
- Possess the ability to take large volumes of data, analyse and produce a result.
- Assist with reconciliation of customers' accounts (particularly debit notes vs credit notes).
- Production of Ageing and Debit Reports on a weekly basis.
- Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting systems.
- Providing accounts information to internal departments.
- A minimum of two years experience within a similar role.
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise in a busy fast moving environment.
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail.
- The role requires a tenacious individual, a team player with a flexible approach.
- Experience working with accountancy software
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word etc