£60000 - £70000 per annum
22 days ago
Prestigious International Bank based in the West End of London, are looking to recruit a Credit Manager to join their Credit Department. The Credit Department is responsible for all credit matters affecting the branch. This includes the processing of credit applications sourced by the Relationship Managers (RMs), liaising with the Private Banking clients, RMs, Credit Administration, Group Credit Departments in Head Office.
London Branch's credit facilities comprise of Residential (regulated and unregulated) and Commercial Real Estate Loans and loans secured on marketable securities - Lombard lending.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Understanding client objectives and ensuring compliance with the necessary business and regulatory standards.
- Working with the Credit Director to assess and process credit applications in a timely manner.
- Developing the real estate lending process and maintaining the loan book in good order.
- Developing the Lombard lending process and maintaining the loan book in good order.
Other responsibilities of the Credit Manager will also include;
- Grow the lending book by successfully processing applications originated by the Private Banking team.
- Assist Relationship Managers to develop and retain client relationships, and depending on the complexity of facility, and as agreed between RM and credit team member, credit to address and discuss any credit related matters with the client.
- Working closely with the RM on the credit facility and be the point of contact between RM, internal and external stakeholders till loan is disbursed
- Ensure any direct client communication is logged as call report on relevant system
- Assist the Head of Credit with credit responsibilities including reviewing Excess Reports, preparing Facility Applications, credit reviews, act as point of contact between internal stakeholders, monitoring covenants and ensure that covenants are met within the stipulated time scale.
- Assessing credit applications in accordance with PB credit policy.
- Deputise for and support other team members by attending to clients' needs in their absence whilst adhering at all times to the FCA competencies requirements.
- Expected to deal effectively with clients and professional advisers i.e. attend client meetings with RMs,
- Remain informed about market trends, customer preferences and new products. Contribute to product development.
- Deputise for Credit Director in his/her absence.
- Prepare London Credit Committee Agenda, Branch risk committee minutes, reports for Credit forum meetings.
- Safeguard the reputation of the bank by employing best practice and acting in a professional manner at all times. Ensure that a high level of confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Meet client satisfaction and service quality levels by performing administrative tasks effectively to fulfil client requirements.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- At least 8 years experience within a similar field, preferably within financials services
- Has worked in a credit role within a private banking environment with responsibility for credit risk assessment.
- Possesses market intelligence and sound knowledge of competitor products.
- Is conversant with the full range of Private Banking services, including trusts, asset management, banking and advisory services.
- Deals effectively with clients and professional advisers.
- Has extensive knowledge of the UK property lending market and the ability to develop the London branch real estate lending program.
- Has extensive knowledge of Lombard lending.
- Is able to work on own initiative and ability to prioritise work.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to thrive whilst working under pressure.
- Accurate organized individual, flexible and happy to work as part of a team.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Should have a positive "can do" attitude combined with a flexible approach to the tasks required.
- In addition to the duties listed, the employee may, from time to time, be required to perform other duties assigned by the line manager.