City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum
7 months ago
City based International time are looking to recruit a Credit Risk Analyst. As a result of an internal restructure, an opportunity has arisen within a small professional team of analysts for an additional hire on the Bank's Executive Officer grade. The primary responsibility of this role is to assess the Credit Risk for banks and sovereigns and support the CRO in other risk disciplines (market, liquidity, operational and emerging risk) as required from time to time.
Main responsibilities will include;
- The analysis and review of existing/new limits for banks and corporates (appraisal, financial analysis, recommendation and follow-up) ensuring compliance with internal policies and regulation
- Monitoring the external ratings of our counterparties
- Emerging markets country/sovereign risk analysis (structural assessment of the vulnerabilities, proactive crisis alerts,; recommendation of limits, etc)
- To participate in and implement new projects to develop credit and other risk management techniques and systems
- To assist the head of department in project/duties related to Risk Management (e.g. ICAAP, ILAAP, preparation of ALCO/MRC papers; review of risk policy papers etc.)
- To work as back-up for the maintenance of credit risk limits
- To work as back -up for the verification and authorisation of draw-downs, ensuring these are in line with conditions approved
- To assist with Committee (CRECO/ALCO/MRC) preparation and minutes, risk appetite adherence/compliance etc
- Some additional knowledge of analysis of credit worthiness of retail (Buy-to-lets) an advantage (but not a requirement).
- To assist with any other duty assigned from time to time
To be considered for this opportunity, ideal candidates must have the following experience/skills;
- Analysis and review of limits (sovereign banks and corporates) applications (financial analysis and full appraisal of all credit risk factors)
- Graduate in relevant area. Post graduate/professional qualifications would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of African or International markets an advantage