City of London, London
£45000 - £75000 per annum + + benefits
AF - DA - 9347_1632156741
3 months ago
ASAP but will wait 1 month
My client, a leading technology business is looking for a Data Analyst to join their team. The Data Analyst will help improve and maintain new and existing data sources for efficient use by the Analysis Team and any other stakeholders, whilst also driving the use of business intelligence and KPIs for decision making.
* Use of data and creation of business intelligence reports to support prioritisation of product development and execution of business objectives.
* Assist in the development and maintenance of a reporting framework which tracks key performance indicators and metrics from multiple data sources which support the tracking of outcomes, visualising in the most appropriate way.
* Support the maintenance of the various data sources used and managed by the Analysis Team, including optimization of data collection, storage and extraction, and upholding data integrity in accuracy and cleanliness
* Good communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with ability to maintain a professional and cooperative relationship with all levels of the organisation
* Highly organised and conscientious individual with the ability to work under pressure and in situations with changing priorities
* University degree, 2.1 or higher in a relevant subject, some background in maths/stats at least to A-Level
* 2-5 years' experience in a data analytics role in a commercial context
* High degree of SQL proficiency and query cost management experience
* Comfortable working with and combining data in multiple formats
* Knowledge of a Business Intelligence software suite (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, or similar) Tableau a preference
* Highly literate in Excel
* Interest in markets, both commodity and financial
* Previous experience in the Software/Technology industry
* Strong and effective analytical skills and good business acumen
* Proficient in Microsoft Windows Server technologies
* Practical knowledge of a secondary RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, or similar)
* Ability to use other programming and scripting languages as necessary to automate tasks (Java, Python, etc.)
* Prior experience working with market, trade, or other sensitive financial data.
* Experience presenting data to key stakeholders.
* Knowledge of APIs, using or building.
* Prior experience of month-end financial reporting process and SaaS metrics