City of London, London
£70000 - £100000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Data Protection Officer
£70,000 - £105,000 DPE + Benefits
My client is a leading global insurance company based in the heart of London. This role will be a stand alone position working on GDPR implementation. The ideal candidate must come from a financial services background with a Minimum of 10 years experience focusing on implementing GRPR best practices.
Data Protection Officer main Responsibilities:
The successful Data Protection offer will:
- Monitoring compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other data protection laws, such as the UK Data Protection Act 2018, our data protection policies, including internal data protection activities, raising awareness of data protection issues, training staff and conducting internal audits;
- Providing advice and information on our data protection obligations to comply with the GDPR and other data protection laws;
- Providing advice on the conduct of and monitoring of data protection impact assessments (DPIAs);
- Cooperating with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) or relevant supervisory authority;
- Taking a risk-based approach to data protection
- Having regard to the risk associated with processing operations and taking account of the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing
- Prioritising focus on the more risky activities, e.g. where special category (sensitive) personal data is processed, or where the potential impact on individuals could be damaging;
- All data protection queries with regard to potential complaints and breaches, ensuring that data subject rights requests re properly handled
- Acting as a contact point for the ICO or relevant supervisory authority on all data protection issues, including data breach reporting.
What's in it for you:
Alongside the competitive salary the successful Team Secretary will also receive the following:
- Performance based bonus
- Private health Care
- Coffee & Bar on site
- Gym Membership
If you possess the above skills, experience and attributes then apply now without further delay!