City of London, London
7 months ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Fund Controller with experience in property funds, ideally you will have debt funds and/or loans too.
As the role is working alongside a Senior Controller and assisting more junior members of the team. It takes responsibility for the management of the accounting, consolidation and reporting processes for two funds, including quarterly/annual financial statements, investor reporting, annual financial accounts and investor requests. You will oversee the audit and tax compliance processes, including fee negotiations, scope determination, appointment and co-ordination of external advisers. Other duties include:
- Serving as a single point of contact for internal fund managers, portfolio & asset managers and administrators.
- Responsible for cash management of the funds including calculation of investor calls and distributions
- Liaise with the wider Finance functions and ensure all information and reporting requirements are provided in an accurate and timely manner - including budgeting and forecasting.
- Assist in due diligence and structuring of new debt investments.
- Manage the loan agency aspects of the loans/investments within the two funds including ongoing preparation of interest payment statements, compliance testing, valuations instructions and dealing with borrower requests
- You will need to have deep understanding of the loan investment portfolio.
Ideally you will be a qualified accountant but QBE will also be considered as experience in debt funds and/or loans is most important.
You will also have strong technical accounting skills and gravitas to liaise at all senior levels is essential.