City of London, London
£70000 - £80000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Our client, one of the UK's leading providers of online trading services, who offer spread betting and CFD trading services to institutional, high net worth and retail customers are looking to hire a Deputy Compliance Officer & MLRO.
Main responsibilities of the Deputy Compliance Officer & MLRO will include;
- Assisting the MLRO with all matters in respect of anti-money laundering, market abuse, financial crime and reporting to the relevant regulators and authorities when required.
- Advising senior management and directors on compliance and regulatory matters.
- Preparing and presenting monthly compliance reports to the executive committee.
- Assisting the Head of Legal and Compliance with the preparing of the quarterly reports to the audit and compliance committee.
- Preparing and submitting compliance related returns to the relevant regulators such as FCA and NCA as required.
- People management responsibilities: directly responsible for the performance of the Compliance Department and responsible for managing/assisting to manage any performance related issues where appropriate, in relation to salary and bonus decisions, appraisals and any other personnel or business-related issue at both an individual and/or departmental level.
- Arranging the day to day work of the compliance department to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assisting the Head of Legal and Compliance with internal and external audit matters relating to compliance issues, monitoring and regulation.
- Oversight of compliance monitoring and associated policies/procedures and systems.
- Handling FCA information requests and customer complaints in an appropriate and timely manner and record and review such requests/complaints as required.
- Assisting the Head of Legal and Compliance to ensure that the firm has an adequate supervisory system in place, to continually review the effectiveness of the firm's policies, procedures and systems and establish internal controls and make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Writing and updating appropriate policies and procedures in relation to compliance and regulatory matters including the compliance manual.
- Liaising with the FCA relating to approved persons.
- Oversight of the firm's financial promotions.
To be considered for this position, the ideal candidate must have the following experience and skills;
The candidate will have at least 5 years Compliance and Financial Crime experience within the Financial sector ideally in a trading or brokerage environment, we will be looking specifically for good Technical abilities. Knowledge of the FCA handbook and, in particular, COBS, SYSC, SUP and DISP is required.
The suitable candidate will be degree educated (or equivalent). Preference will be given to candidates with a Law Degree and/or Compliance qualification. Some experience will have been gained as a Line Manager of a small team. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to use his/her initiative to problem solve with the minimum of day-to-day supervision.