£125.00 - £140 per day
about 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Digital Team Manager is required to join this Central London Membership organisation. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Strategic communications you will be responsible to lead on technical and content related projects and manage and develop a team of 5 staff. Using your strong knowledge of best practice digital communications in the development and design of the companies large and complex content -managed websites and email marketing systems and services.
- Lead on the development of the companies websites and email marketing systems and services, including content, feature and technical development and integration with linked systems and channels.
- Lead, manage and develop the company's digital team members, plus freelance and contract staff, as and when required.
- Contribute, as a member of the directorate management team, to the development and delivery of directorate plans and strategies.
- Lead the planning, development and delivery of technical and content projects
- Manage, agree the annual budget and forecast expenditure accurately
- Agree performance targets and indicators for core systems and key digital content and new content projects.
- Build strong relationships with ICT colleagues to ensure that the company's digital systems are fit for purpose and meet the current and planned strategic needs
- Maintain an excellent current knowledge of best practices and emerging trends in digital content production
- Manage and develop the society's digital member communities, networks and campaign resources and digital support.
- Degree education or equivalent through experience
- Experienced at managing large and complex membership websites
- Experienced at managing and developing a small team
- Experience of working with a membership / trade union organisation would be desirable
- Have a strong knowledge of digital communications best practice and be able to apply it to the development of our products and channels, including user-centred design, user experience, information architecture, data analysis and digital marketing
- Be well-organised and able to manage a detailed programme of work with multiple stakeholders
- Be able to develop and deliver effective digital content
- Understand the legal issues around producing and publishing digital content and around managing personal data
- Have a good understanding of how to build and sustain digital engagement, knowledge sharing and interaction through online communities and campaigns
- Have intermediate level skills - Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Day Rate: from £125 - £140
Location : To work from home and flexibility to work at their Central London office when required and offices are open
Duration: 3 - 6 months (whilst recruiting for a permanent member of staff)