West End, London
5 months ago
An exciting opportunity has become available working as a Digital Marketing Officer for a large Housing Association.
As a Digital Marketing Officer, you will help manage and deliver the Group's digital marketing activities tools, and projects, including social media and email.
- Manage the proactive digital marketing calendar to produce and align content and campaigns with the needs of the audience, business, and channels.
- Source, design, and write engaging content for all digital marketing channels, (internal and external), including social media, email, intranet, and websites.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Communications team for internal and external campaigns.
- Manage and deliver the Groups social media presence, including the content marketing plans across branded accounts, monitoring, reporting, and managing reactive conversations with customers and stakeholders.
- Manage the email service provider platform, including design/artwork, building templates, testing, and deployment.
- Managing data and segmentation for digital campaigns within CRM.
- Leading on digital campaigns in collaboration with colleagues for projects that require email marketing expertise.
- Ensuring consistency across touchpoints for email campaigns, including creating landing pages, optimizing journeys, and creating copy and content needed for other channels.
- Maintain a corporate email marketing calendar.
- Analyse customer journeys to create digital messaging opportunities that convert, retain, and reactivate customers' use of the companies' digital services and other marketing goals.
- Advise and support departments to increase their understandings of the tools and requirements for successful digital marketing campaigns.
- Contribute towards the continuous improvement of the companies' digital marketing tools and platforms
- Act as point of contact for various digital marketing tools, including SMS, events, paid-for placements, and monitoring tools.
- Assist to work with Change & IT to solve any technical issues and facilitate requests from internal stakeholders, ensuring they are kept informed throughout.
- Ensure regular reporting and analysis of digital marketing activities, including a test and learn approach to optimization, using tools such as Google Analytics, to provide customer insight and understanding of performance and input into digital marketing strategies.
- Take ownership of data compliance for marketing purposes and to keep up to date with current trends and advise on new developments, legislation, and tools.
- Maintain standard approaches and processes for customer contact across all digital marketing activities, including social media and public-facing email accounts
Skills and Competencies
- Good knowledge and experience of using email for marketing and communications purposes.
- Basic experience of working with an ESP or digital marketing platform.
- Excellent copywriting, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Good design/brand management skills, including Adobe Creative Suite and Taxi for Email.
- Social Media knowledge and the ability to create and deliver a campaign along with monitoring and reporting on performance.
- Experience of writing reports and developing processes and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in an email marketing campaign, managing and delivering activities and projects as a subject matter expert.
- Solid experience working with a leading ESP or digital marketing platform.
- Intermediate skills and experience of using Google Analytics
- Hands on CRM and eCRM experience.
- Experience using a web content management system.
- Knowledge in HTML for email, design, and usability
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Strong attention to details
This is primarily working from home but attending the office once a fortnight.
All equipment will be provided.
This is an 8-week temporary contract that could potentially be extended.
Hourly rate of £19.00. Based in W2.