£35000 - £40000 per annum
over 1 year ago
My client an international Challenger Bank, are looking for a Double Entry Bookkeeper to join their team. Must have extensive double entry exposure, 5+ years experience.
The person will be a member of the team which supports Head of Financial Reporting to produce monthly management information of all banking business units and the annual statutory financial statements of the Bank.
The responsibilities of the role will specifically include reconciliation of general ledgers, investigation of the errors, oversee control of bank reconciliations as well as assistance in preparation and submission of MI Reports to Group and Executive Committee of the Bank.
Key responsibilities require a high level of detail orientation and include but are not limited to:
- Daily reconciliation of Cash at vaults and tills of the Bank branches
- Controlling bank and intercompany reconciliations and carrying out investigations for unreconciled items
- Accounts reconciliation and accounting postings
- Reconciliation of other accounts in the general ledger
- Invoice processing - applying nominal codes and categorisation and journal postings
- Preparing analysis of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Assisting in preparation of monthly management information and group reporting
- Assisting on any ad-hoc duties when required
Responsibilities also extend to
- Daily task includes preparing cash reconciliations, review of bank reconciliations.
- Postings of daily journals of cash and bank transactions, weekly and monthly journals of depreciations, accruals, prepayments.
- Assist with the management accounts, maintain ledgers and analysis of the ledgers
- Process business expenses and reimbursable costs
- Provide support for the preparation of Bank's annual statutory accounts.
- Providing necessary support for financial and regulatory reporting projects
- Ad - hoc reports and projects - System implementation testing, reviewing accounting flow and account mapping.
- Assist in developing procedures and controls of the finance function
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Good A Level and GCSE Level grade
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Min of 5 years' experience in a bookkeeper / accounting role preferably in Banking/Financial Services
- Have a strong understanding of double entry
- High level competence and proficiency in Excel skills, use of spreadsheet for analysis
- Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, analytical with proficient data entry skills
- Have a high degree of integrity and discretion
- A team player and are able to cope with a diverse and rapidly changing workflow
- Good Interpersonal / communication skills