£70000 - £80000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Economic & Political Analyst
Location - City of London
Our client, a global Trading company based in the City of London, are looking to recruit an Economic & Political Analyst to join their expanding Business Intelligence Department.
The main purpose of the role, will be to research, analyse and report on industrial trends, macro-economic and geo-political matters relevant to our client's business in the EMEA & CIS region. Cooperation with European Business Units, other ECMU departments (such as Corporate Planning, Risk, Business Development Unit and Investment Portfolio Management) as well as regional offices in EMEA & CIS, shall be part of this job.
Main responsibilities of the Economic & Political Analyst will include;
- Researching, analysing and reporting on industrial trends, macro-economic and geo-political matters relevant to the business in the EMEA & CIS region. This scope of work shall be of both a reactive nature (i.e.. responding to requests from other corporate departments) and proactive nature (i.e.. identifying issues from the Analyst's own initiative).
- Internal reporting and discussion based on such research activities.
- Attending and reporting back on seminars, lectures and meetings at think-tanks, government related organisations, academic institutions and other relevant international institutions.
- Travelling as necessary and as directed within the EMEA & CIS region to undertake local field research.
- Assisting DGM with business intelligence and external relations activities as requested.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Around 10 years Agency or advisory service experience. Our client would still consider candidates from a Banking background but they would need to convince them that they are commercial, they can explain and communicate to clients as typically these roles are more desk-based
- Masters Degree (or equivalent) in International Relations or a macro-economic related subject
- Japanese speaking candidate would be helpful or German speaking if they don't speak Japanese
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - there will be an element of public speaking in this position
- Willingness to travel around the EMEA and CIS region
- Not just desk based analysis but more industry focused - looking for someone who is happy to get out from behind their desk, willing and ready to attend international relation events and create more physical networks. Not seeking a typical Economist who sits behind their desk all day from a bank
- Strong communicator (if want to be a pure Economist, this is probably not the best job for them as these roles are typically desk based)
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Outstanding written and verbal skills with the ability to report on research findings clearly, and present complex issues in a concise and comprehensible manner
- Experience with statistical risk analysis