City of London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client a City based Investment Bank are looking to hire an Equity Analyst. The role involves managing settlement duties within the Equity & Equity Finance Operations area. The main goal is to ensure that settlements are smooth and efficient and that exposure is managed effectively, clear communication with the trading desk and other areas within our client is also a key part of the job. Products covered include Equities, ADRs, ETFs, FX Swaps.
Main responsibilities of the Equity Analyst will include;
- Manage settlements in a fluid environment
- Manage cash payments and processing and provide funding assistance
- Manage daily reconciliation tasks
- Review and resolve stock and cash reconciliation items on a daily basis
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience/skills;
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics or numerate subject.
- Minimum 2 years relevant product related experience.
- Solid business knowledge in the Finance/Banking industry.
- Solid understanding of Equity Finance product from front office and back office perspectives.
- Knowledge of Trade Matching, Settlement and Fails process
- Broad Market knowledge - Crest / Europe including Spain / South Africa / Canada / U.S / and some Asian / Pacific markets
- Payment knowledge desirable such as the SWIFT network
- Gloss / NEOLINK / HSBC cash / CITBANK/ CREST system knowledge desirable
- Understand front to back transaction workflow and controls