Up to £28.00 per hour + plus holiday pay
5 months ago
until end 2021
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Events Manager to work for this healthcare association to organise their virtual annual conference. Working with the Practice and Development Team you will continue to plan / market and implement the companies events programme
- Deliver the virtual conference on time and on budget, looking to increase at least 10% year-on-year growth in delegate numbers
- Provide all required research, analysis and recommendations for the format of the UK and annual conference in 2022
- Working closely with the events officer and colleagues in the Practice & Development team to ensure the conference project plan will be delivered on time and on budget.
- Liaising with the creative team - produce a marketing plan to promote the event to the membership in order to deliver on targets for delegate attendance levels and income.
- Attend planning meetings as required.
- Ensure speakers, key staff and members are sufficiently trained in the virtual world platform.
- Monitor and assess competition activity, and provide recommendations for adaptations to the
- company's approach as necessary.
- Also, you will assess options for the format of the company's annual and UK conference in 2022, taking into account the continued path of Coronavirus infection rates, previous virtual/in-person event history and feedback from membership and Leadership Team
- Working with the Practice and Development Team and the Chief Exec Team to produce a timetable for the research, assessment, and selection process for the desired 2022 event format.
- Research options for in-person, virtual and hybrid formats possible under the likely prevailing
- conditions in November 2022.
- Produce draft budgets reflecting the chosen format, if required.
- Preferably you will have a formal event management qualification, or equivalent in experience
- Minimum of 3 years in person conference / events organisation experience
- Preferably virtual or hybrid conference/events organisation experience
- Previous experience of planning, budgeting, and marketing an event is essential
- Experience of managing projects and working to tight deadline
- Previous experience of working in a membership organisation would eb beneficial
- Ability of write promotional copy
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, principles promoting equity, diversity and belonging
To start: ASAP (min 1 month notice)
Duration: 6 months (until end of the year 2021)
Salary £53,000 pro rata
Location: Home Based (may require some attendance in the London office)