City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum
3 months ago
City based International Bank are looking to recruit an FI Credit Analyst to join their expanding Credit Department. The team works closely with the internal and external stakeholders to provide risk assessments on business initiatives in accordance with the Bank's Risk Appetite. The portfolio coverage includes Financial Institutions, SME, Retail and Corporate counterparts with particular, albeit not exclusive, emphasis to MENA, Francophone, and sub-Saharan African countries.
Main responsbilities will include;
- Prepare Credit proposals and analyse new and existing Financial Institutions (FIs) counterparties.
- Review transaction material from the front office and provide challenge, if necessary.
- Determine the internal risk rating of the Bank's counterparties using rating model(s).
- Make recommendations for new or amended limits.
- Adhere to the Credit Procedure governing the life-cycle of the approval process.
- Set approved internal Limits (and static data) in the internal systems and ensure risk codes/flags are accurate.
- Monitor credit conditions of counterparties and sovereigns.
- Create and maintain credit files in accordance with the Credit Procedure.
- Prepare and review daily reports of counterparty exposures and excesses.
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc reports for Management and other Committee meetings.
- Liaise with other Departments internally for Credit related matters.
- Assist Credit Manager(s) in the ongoing and other ad-hoc projects.
- To provide cover for other staff during their absence, as required.
To be considered for this position ideal candidates must have the following experience/skills;
- Good overall knowledge and understanding of Credit Analysis of Financial Institutions.
- Experience in interpreting financial statements and research materials.
- Understanding of Trade Finance and Treasury products is a plus.
- Understanding of Financial and/or Trading products is a plus.
- Understanding of Corporate loan life-cycle is a plus.
- Some exposure to Retail/Corporate Credit analysis
- Some exposure to loan documentation
- Good analysis writing and presentation skills.
- A reasonable level of numeracy and quantitative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.