£200 - £250 per annum
8 months ago
My Client, one of the largest banks in the world are looking for a Fixed Income Derivate Middle Office Operations - Desk Support to join their business on a 12 Month FTC. Please apply below.
This role is within the FI Middle office trade support function within Fixed Income Derivative Operations. The team is responsible for the Middle office support of Fixed Income Derivative transactions.
The Primary purpose of this role is to provide support to the Rates business for trade capture into the Primary trading system for London within a middle office environment.
Functions include trade capture support for Trading and Sales team, life cycle event processing, compressions and query management.
The Business supported may change in line with future restructuring either operationally or business driven.
This role requires pro-active engagement with internal and external, where applicable, stakeholders, both regionally and globally, strong communication skills, plus the ability to independently identify efficiency / STP opportunities. It also requires the individual to have an awareness of the Industry/Regulatory improvements within the Derivatives market, and how that may impact the day-to-day processes.
- Creating and leveraging strong working relationships, front to back, regionally and globally, to optimize processes and improve levels of STP, including development of Best Practices with Front Office where appropriate;
- Drive the identification and progression of continuous improvement initiatives to improve processes, working with line management and Change Management and Technology;
- Ability to identify risks and issues and escalate appropriately;
- Provide excellent client service both internally and externally.
- Provide close Middle office support directly to sales and trading as well as FO business management.
- Escalation point for Operations teams onshore on offshore.
- Escalation point for Operations issues for the FO and Sales teams.
- Work cohesively across functional areas and regions and help to strengthen the culture of co-operation.
- Controls (both process and project) are key to meeting respective targets. Equally critical to understand BAU processes to ensure control framework is suitably positioned to meet regulatory or industry requirements
- Promptly raise control and process issues with line management, attend weekly controls meetings and provide daily MI to highlight volumes and outstanding.
- Working closely alongside Technology and Operations to ensure successful delivery, communicating effectively with the business via weekly governance meetings.
- Strong team working skills, ability to work closely with and influence a broad range of stakeholders.