£50000 - £60000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Role: Finance Analyst
Salary: £50000 - £60000
Sector: Private Equity
Location: Central London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional Finance Analyst with strong Excel ability to join a leading private equity firm in central London.
This role combines not only the finance team but also the wider business. You will need to be an Excel expert, be used to self-reviewing your work and enjoy the challenge of working under time pressure.
The UK Finance team for this client are sociable, savvy and ambitious and are therefore looking for someone with similar qualities to join their team. You will business partner with commercial parts of the business so strong communication skills is key.
- Instruct and oversee fund service providers to ensure performance is in line with agreed service levels
- Liaise with a wide range of internal stakeholders and external service providers to ensure the quality and timely flow of financial data
- Oversee calculation of fund AUM, NAV, management fees, performance fees and cost recharges
- Oversee preparation of fund financial statements, investor reporting (investor reports, capital statements, presentations, questionnaires, ad-hoc queries) and head office reporting packs
- Provide deal support, including financial analysis and execution of deal cashflows
- Oversee cash movements and reserves
- Review and approve fund costs and expense recharges
- Monitor cash and manage cash distribution process
- Manage the fund valuation process, including the appointment of valuers, calculation of gross to net adjustments and preparation of valuation committee materials
- Support investment decision process by maintaining fund models, proving scenario/sensitivity analysis, key property and financial metrics and KPIs
- Budgeting and forecasting manager performance, including management fees and carried interest
- Ad-hoc project work
- Recently ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA qualified accoutant
- Strong academics required: Educated to a degree level at a top tier university
- Private equity experience would be advantageous
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, considered. A team player, with a sense of humour.
- Willing to take control and responsibility but also happy to work within a wider team and within the agreed processes. Confident in dealing with staff at all levels and disciplines within Ares.
- Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure/ to a tight deadline.
- Strong Excel skill
Salary: £50000 - £60000