Birmingham, West Midlands
£20000 - £24000 per annum
7 months ago
KennedyPearce are working with a Media agency who have offices in London and Birmingham. This is a permanent role and will suit a candidate who has recently graduated. The post holder will be the primary Accounts Payable Clerk covering Accounts Payable duties for all of the company's Divisions, and will be responsible for registering and processing all purchase invoices received, distributing them for appropriate authorisation and ensuring prompt payment to suppliers as well as liaising with them to ensure all account information is up-to date.
- Creation and management of supplier accounts and codes
- Registering all purchase invoices received and distributing them weekly to divisional PAs for distribution and approval, ensuring that these are returned within 48 hours of distribution
- Checking approved purchase invoices for accuracy, VAT and authorisation
- Liaison with suppliers to ensure accurate bank details are maintained and suppliers understand when to expect payments
- Organise supporting documents for payment runs to suppliers and staff and posting approved payments onto Skynet
- Prompt and accurate filing of supplier invoices, staff expense claims and credit card statements
- Other ad hoc work as requested by other members of the Finance Team
Skills & Experience
- Must be able to work in Birmingham 2-3 times per week.
- The candidate should be educated to GCSE level standard or equivalent as a minimum. Good IT skills and experience of accounting packages is also desirable.
- The candidate should have accurate keyboard skills, attention to detail and a high level of numeracy. He/she should show an ability to absorb information quickly and work with minimal supervision. Knowledge of MS Excel is essential and knowledge of MS Word would be advantageous.