Richmond upon Thames, London
£13.00 - £14.00 per hour
28 days ago
Our Client is seeking a Finance Assistant to join the team on a temporary basis. The Finance Assistant will support the Finance Director in day to day transactional needs, producing both monthly and annual accounts. The Finance Assistant will also support the budget holders by ensuring the provision of up to date budget, forecast and financial information.
The Finance Assistant would need an enhanced DBS for this assignment.
Duties of the Finance Assistant include:
- Purchase orders and purchase invoices
- Set up of new suppliers approved in the finance system and ensuring credit terms are adhered to
- Produce purchase orders following the agreed approval system to be sent to suppliers
- Receive and log purchase invoices from suppliers and to match and check against purchase orders
- To seek the appropriate authorisation of invoices
- To process purchase invoices for payment within agreed payment terms
- To deal with queries on invoices received
- To make supplier payments by BACs
- Chase up outstanding customer debts
- Ensure any lapsed payments or cancelled direct debits are actioned
- Monthly reconciliation of the bank account and credit card statements
- To provide up to date, efficient and effective financial reporting on which control of delegated budgets will be managed.
- To assist with month end routine close down procedures
- To maintain orderly filing systems for all financial records including purchase orders, sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank statements etc. to audit standard
- To deal with general finance queries
- To assist the Finance Director with audit queries and obtaining documents and information as required by the auditors
- Adhoc tasks for the Finance Director