A specialist, alternative asset management firm are searching for a Finance Assistant to join their hybrid team in providing funds, direct investments and tailored investment solutions across a variety of differentiated alternative investment strategies.
Finance Assistant Responsibilities:
- Oversee cash books and bank reconciliations for VCT bank accounts and liquidity fund investments, while assisting with management and statutory accounting.
- Maintain purchase ledger by recording invoices and obtaining necessary approvals.
- Prepare investment transaction set up sheets/VCT compliance checklists.
- Input payments for invoices, investment transactions, and other expenses on the online banking system.
- Collaborate with auditors, IFAs, VCT directors, and the wider Gresham House team for various inquiries.
- Administer ROCKET system, including processing investor details, shareholdings, and IFA trail commission changes.
- Prepare and distribute loan stock interest statements to investee companies.
- Prepare annual reports to HMR for VCT compliance with qualifying status tests.
- Provide assistance in preparing reports on investee company returns.
Finance Assistant Skills & Experience
- Accountant with knowledge level/part qualification in ACCA/CIMA.
- Previous experience in bookkeeping and accounts preparation.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proactive and able to prioritize tasks, capable of working independently.
- Strong team player, adaptable to ad hoc tasks within a small team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of building relationships with staff members, board members, investors, and financial advisors.
This fantastic opportunity is best suited for someone who has experience in a similar role and is looking to develop their career at reputable financial services firm.
The benefits for this role include a bonus, excellent healthcare and dental cover, study support and a lot more!
The successful candidate will be paid in between £25,000 - £35,000. If you feel you meet the criteria for this role and you're looking for a new opportunity, please apply now.