£95000 - £105000 per annum
8 months ago
KennedyPearce have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Director or up and coming CFO working within a PE backed entertainment business. You will be joining at an exciting time and will have day to day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all accounting and finance related activities across the company. You will work alongside the Founder, COO and manage a finance team of 4 although the finance team will be growing within the next year.
- Delivering timely and accurate management financial reporting (monthly, quarterly).
- Contributing to deliver the annual budget and re-forecasts (if any).
- Take responsibility for the assets and company valuation modelling(quarterly)interacting with the Investment team and external advisors.
- Driving profitable business growth, supporting the delivery and launch of all activities (e.g., active investment in IP) with financial planning and analysis and monitoring and challenging KPIs throughout the business (compliance, legal, operational matters...).
- Supporting business decision making on key commercial agreements with vendors.
- Managing external relationships lenders, regulators (in the UK and Luxembourg), auditors and other professional advisors.
- Managing cash flow and treasury management.
- Delivering annual IFRS consolidated financial statements in line with required timescales.
- Working with outside lawyers (UK, Luxembourg, US) on corporate and structuring related matters ensuring the overall compliance with the board
- Playing a key role in the refinancing process (growth business plan, balance sheet restructuring, vendor due diligence...).
- Supporting the overall execution and expansion of the business (HR policies, hiring, office management...).
The successful candidate will be an experienced Finance Director and up and coming CFO with track record of financial leadership in a media/entertainment business (or similar) and must have PE-backed experience:
- Financial leadership experience with prior experience in a standalone Finance Director role or equivalent in a Media/Entertainment business
- Strong across all areas of financial management in the Media/Entertainment industry including analysing and presenting timely, accurate and concise management information and analysis of business performance, improving control, process, and rigor around financial metrics, managing the cost base; and setting high standards of internal control and financial risk management.
- Exposure to PE backing is a plus - Ideally, the Finance Director will have had experience of working for private equity or other financial investors and being exposed to leveraged structures.
- International-Experience of working in multiple territories including the UK, Luxembourg, France, US... and thus she/he will understand local / international accounting and regulatory matters and taxation.
- Cultural fit - Entrepreneurial, hands-on, resilient, and agile, ambitious, have a passion for content, comfortable working in a fast pace and changing environment.