City of London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Finance Manager - Maternity Cover
Leading Global Communications agency, My client are looking for a Finance Manager (maternity cover) to come and join the team. You must be able to partner closely with and collaborate effectively with the client's, other vendors and suppliers and develop a deep working relationship with employees in our London, New York and LA office. You must be an excellent communicator and able to expertly convey data, abstract concepts, points of view and escalations to senior management efficiently and effectively.
Reporting to the CEO, you will have the following:
- Overall responsibility of the Financial and Management accounts
- Ensuring that accurate financial records are kept, with accounts being reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Managing month end close - ensuring all general ledger activities including fixed assets, accruals, prepayments and intercompany processes are timely and accurately performed.
- Establishing clear KPI's to track performance of the business
- Managing the Foreign Exchange risk to ensure efficiencies
- Manage Cash flow for the global business
- Overseeing all re-billables for the Global business to ensure all costs are recharged when required
- Managing the relationships with Suppliers and negotiating best prices
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness and meaningful analysis are delivered as a matter of routine
- Manage and motivate the team to ensure day to day operations run smoothly and PR results are delivered; while supporting them in their growth to the next level.
- Ensure accounting operations including accounts receivable and payable are functioning efficiently
- Develop and implement accounting processes and procedures to strengthen internal controls, gain efficiencies and standardise business practices
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA preferred)
- Technically strong with a good knowledge of statutory reporting, controls & processes
- Management experience is highly desirable
- Discreet, professional and well spoken, with excellent communication skills
- Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient
- Able to identify communication opportunities across multiple media platforms
- Strong MS Word skills; working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Immediate Start