West End, London
£60000 - £75000 per annum
5 months ago
About the Company
This is a high profile Hospitality group that is well regarded as an employer of choice. They have a successful and supportive management team and great culture to cement long term career goals.
About the role
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be in a position of driving change across corporate monthly reporting, compliance and process improvement. First step will be to establish monthly data integrity through agreed processes, strong system controls and process discipline. You will also lead the team responsible for annual and half year financial statements, investor results presentations, liaising with external auditors, researching technical accounting issues and providing accounting solutions to senior management. Additionally, you will provide ongoing support to divisional finance teams to enable them to execute new strategic initiatives and acquisitions
You will be a driven and energetic professional, with strong verbal and written communication skills, allowing you to build strong partnerships with all your stakeholders including senior managers. You're a self- starter and can work in an unstructured environment with the ability to multitask and prioritise to get things done. As a born leader and a change agent you lead through a changing environment driving a culture of continuous improvement, whilst developing your team's technical capabilities and mitigating risk for the business.
You will also have:
- Experience dealing with technical accounting issues and be knowledgeable of new accounting standards (i.e. revenue recognition, leases, etc.)
- Strong technical accounting, reporting and finance background (UK GAAP & IFRS)
- Knowledge of new accounting standards (i.e. revenue recognition, leases, etc.)
- Advanced critical thinking and analytical skills as well as creative thinking for re-evaluation and improvement of processes
- A degree in Business, Economics, Finance & Accounting, or equivalent