Solihull, West Midlands
£55000 - £60000 per annum
5 months ago
- Dynamic, Growing Wholesale, Manufacturing & Distribution Company;
- West Midlands
About the Company
My client are a well-established and successful importer, distributor and manufacturer of well-known brands It supplies leading retailers across the world.
This excellent opportunity is located in the West Midlands. My client is seeking a proactive, ACA/ACCA qualified professional with sound leadership skills who has a strong desire to contribute and participate in the exciting opportunities arising from within a fast-paced company with continuing growth and expansion plans.
Reporting to the Financial Controller of Shared Services, you will lead and coach a team of three staff, oversee and ensure the integrity of data and timely reporting across the company's entities, for a broad range of financial accounting functions. You will identify opportunities, which add value to the 'bottom line' through increased efficiencies, operationally and financially.
Your key challenges include:
- Oversight of the month end process including the completion of General Ledger and Balance Sheet reconciliations;
- Communicating with external auditors and managing yearend financial statement audits
- Accounting for all business taxes;
- Support business partners including the overheads team in collecting and collating budget/forecast data
- Partnering with cross functional teams and maintaining strong relationships with a range of key stakeholders including: operations, sales and marketing, manufacturing, banking institutions, suppliers and external auditors etc.;
- Promoting and driving continuous improvement projects including maintaining the integrity of data. Reviewing and implementing digital solutions to streamline accounting processes and support new business growth opportunities;
- Identifying individual training needs and providing coaching and performance feedback to employees.
What you will need to succeed:
- ACA/ACCA/CA qualified, you will have a strong background in financial accounting together with proven hands-on leadership experience of at least 3 years in a similar role from within a high-volume manufacturing, wholesale and distribution setting in a FMCG environment;
- Practice trained (Big 4) preferred
- PLC Background
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and strong systems skills in a large-scale ERP environment are essential;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- A strong customer focus and results driven;
- Be able to maintain strong relationships with a range of key stakeholders;
- An ability to effectively plan and prioritise competing work requirements and achieve strict deadlines.