Manchester, Greater Manchester
£20000 - £22000 per annum + bonus and benefits
5 months ago
1. Update of cashbooks on a daily basis including application of cash receipts, in the Finance system. Any queries which require investigation should be escalated to the appropriate Credit Controller or the Management Accountant (Trainee).
2. Support the running of the Accounts Payable process via SAP Concur/Great Plains.
3. Oversee the Banking Admin for the Group, including set-up of new accounts as directed by the Treasury team.
4. Set-up the weekly banking payments as directed by the Accountant: Accounts Payable
5. Review and, action, of any daily banking requirements such a FX deals.
6. Adhoc Finance tasks as required by the Group Accountant, Technical Accountant and the Management Accountant.
7. Support the Accounts Receivable process, as required.
* Contribute to the development of the Finance team processes to ensure these are cohesive, efficient and effective.
* Undertake training and development as appropriate and engage fully in the performance management process.
* Contribute to the Law Deb culture positively, attend meetings as required, and carry out duties willingly and diligently
* Where regulatory rules apply, abide by these in spirit and fact
* Carry out such other tasks as you may be reasonably directed to do by the senior management team from time to time.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Experience
* Strong attention to detail
* Outstanding numeracy, data management and manipulation skills
* Strong communication skills
* IT literate, including strong Microsoft Excel skills
* Inquisitive mind Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Experience
* Knowledge of SAP Concur or Great Plains
* Takes full ownership for the delivery of tasks
* Readiness to work to enhance the available resources
* A "sleeves rolled up" style of working
* Independent thinker, proactive problem-solver AND also able to ask for help when needed
* Able to say "no" if needs be to ensure expectations of senior stakeholders are not mismanaged
* Resilience, willingness to listen, learn and incorporate feedback
* Diligent, analytical with excellent attention to detail without loss of pace
* Ambitious and keen to take on additional responsibility