City of London, London
7 months ago
DESCRIPTION/ JOB PURPOSE
The purpose of the role is to provide financial accounting support to the UK Reporting team.
This role will suit a newly qualified accountant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Involvement in the monthly financial close process including accruals and account analysis, cash postings, revenue accounting, account reconciliations, and prepayments, ensuring all activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Processing of existing intercompany recharges and assisting in the implementation of new intercompany recharge agreements including involvement in testing and using the new Intercompany Hub program;
- The keeping of all financial records, accounts and schedules to the requirements of the auditors and general accepted accounting standards and practices;
- Managing payroll accounting across various jurisdictions including developing relationships with payroll departments to understand compensation and tax structures;
- Preparation of accurate management information including, statistical data, financial statement preparation and management reports, on a timely basis;
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts;
- Assisting with the identification, documentation and conclusions on accounting treatment under different GAAP regimes;
- Working with foreign subsidiary accounting/business functions to ensure appropriate reporting and controls maintenance including reconciliation to externally produced financial statements;
- Overseeing the Asset Management function for Asian and UK based entities and liaising with the businesses and Corporate Support to resolve discrepancies as well as reconciling and preparing GAAP adjustment journals and drafting statutory reporting notes;
- Maintenance of Sarbanes Oxley process documentation in specific areas of responsibility, ensuring controls are undertaken as documented;
- Acting as back-up for other members of staff in their absence as appropriate;
- The performance of such other duties as may be required from time to time by the Financial Reporting Manager and Financial Reporting Director.
- University degree or equivalent professional experience and professional accounting qualification (preferably ACA/ACCA) is essential
- Strong knowledge of theory, generally accepted accounting principles and practices, applications, and terminology of accounting, including financial statement preparation and knowledge of UK GAAP and possibly IFRS and US GAAP
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office package is essential and previous use of accounting application systems such as Oracle is desirable
- Highly developed personal communication skills, both written and oral
- Good attention to detail, self-motivated and self-starter
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines
- Clear commitment to the team approach exchanging ideas and providing support to colleagues.