16 days ago
Are you a finalist that finds an exam policy is holding you back or is waiting to make that jump into industry early?
This fantastic role is based within a vibrant Finance team in the City. The business are a leading insurance firm and one of the strongest players in the industry.
The Financial Accountant role will consist of:
- Support the firms consolidation and reporting process, and submission to the group.
- Supporting the preparation of quarterly and monthly finance deliverables, including entity analytics, review of technical discounting and claims development information.
- Analysing, co-ordinating and responding to queries and ad-hoc requests from stakeholders.
- Supporting the preparation, review and audit of annual financial statements for legal entities within the group.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders (including senior staff within finance, risk and actuarial) and external auditors.
- Support various corporate projects including entity dissolutions, financing and other corporate transactions.
- Assess the adequacy of existing processes and information delivery; highlight issues and support the changes required to implement improvements.
For this Financial Accountant we are looking for someone with the following background:
- Working within a Top 10 practice as a finalist
- Accounting and reporting knowledge on both IFRS and UK GAAP basis.
- Experience with statutory financial reporting.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, especially against deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills, including ability to analyse and interpret financial data.
If you are feeling held back in a practice, or are leaving a Big 4 firm due to exam policy this is the perfect chance for you to move in-house!