Hammersmith and Fulham, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
AF - FA - 3469_1567612153
12 days ago
You will be responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller and supervising the Assistant Accountant.
Our client is a SME in the Media sector. They are a family-owned business that are ready to start growing through mergers & acquisitions, this will essentially become the new focus for the Financial Controller whose role will develop into that of a CFO.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for producing essential timely reports and will eventually be expected to move into the Financial Controller position within 3-5 years. Your role will be heavily focused on financial reports but soon after have the responsibility to drive budgets and forecasts for the business operations as well.
- Accurate and timely completion of month-end processes including; processing of journals and the finalisation of month-end reports and balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the Financial Controller in managing and coordinating monthly P&L, Working Capital and Cash-flow forecast process
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports for board meetings including monthly management reports
- Supervise one Assistant Accountant and review work when necessary
- Prepare BAS, FBT and GST returns for the business
- Liaise with ATO and other external parties when required
- Ad hoc duties
- ACA/ACCA Qualified qualified Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Wholesale/distribution industry experience is ideal
- Fluent communication skills
- Ambition to grow and develop your career