£50000.00 - £60000 per annum
over 1 year ago
My Client, a Real Estate Investment Trust, FTSE 250 and listed on the London Stock Exchange, are looking for a newly qualified ACA to join the business as a Financial Accountant. Fantastic opportunity for an ACA from top 10 or a small practice, with property experience, looking for their first role within industry. Please get in touch, alternatively if you know of someone with this profile who could be interested, KennedyPearce offer a generous referral scheme.
As a Financial Account you will be responsible for:
- Alongside other members of the finance team, preparing and reviewing SPV financial statements using CaseWare Accounting Software.
- Assisting with the preparation of the year end and interim group financial statements.
- Assisting the Group Accountant with preparation of group management accounts and KPIs.
- Assisting with detailed quarterly and adhoc reviews of control accounts to ensure they are up to date.
- Performing detailed reviews of the intercompany matrix.
- Reviewing bank reconciliations prepared by the team.
- Assisting the Financial Accountant with preparation of quarterly management accounts.
- Preparing loan interest and rent review accruals.
- Reviewing sales and purchase ledgers.
- Preparing aspects of the 6 monthly audit files in advance of the results dates.
Bank Facilities and Covenant Reporting
- Preparing a number of quarterly and half yearly bank covenant reports.
- Managing the internet banking systems by liaising with bank relationship teams and adding new accounts and users when required.
- Reviewing weekly payment runs ensuring correct approvals are in place.
- Monitoring and taking responsibility for options to tax and adding new entities and properties to the VAT Group.
- Reviewing periodic construction industry scheme returns
As a Financial Accountant you will need:
- To be a recently qualified ACA
- Audit background
- Financial reporting experience
- Have experience of the latest developments in reporting standards
- Have an existing knowledge of real estate taxes including SDLT, VAT and capital allowances
- The ability to will work independently