£35000 - £40000 per annum + study support
over 1 year ago
Our client, a leading fund administrator, is seeking to employ a Financial Accountant to join their expanding team. The Financial Accountant is responsible for the financial administration and accounting related functions for a portfolio of international clients within diverse industries. The Financial Accountant will need to demonstrate a desire to grow both personally and professionally within the company given the excellent learning and experience platform the role provides.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, intelligent, ambitious team player with strong communication skills who will recognise the opportunities presented by a growing business in a global listed Plc.
- Recording client transactions in designated accounting software, ensuring all transactions are recorded timely and accurately
- Preparation of monthly and/or quarterly management accounts
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP and IFRS
- Preparation of group consolidated statutory accounts under IFRS
- Preparation of tax declarations to UK tax authorities (VAT, P11D assistance, CIS, Intrastat, EC Sales List)
- Provide Audit assistance, serving as main point of contact for statutory audits of clients
- Liaise with outside Tax Advisors ensuring corporate tax returns are completed and filed timely
- Attend clients' meetings and demonstrate professional rapport with all clients
- Responsible for the set-up of newly on-boarded companies in allocated portfolioProvide open and transparent communication with clients, third party providers (payroll, tax advisors), tax authorities (HMRC), and Companies House
- Maintain client documents with integrity
Experience and Background
- Strong technical accounting skills, thorough knowledge of FRS 102 and working knowledge of IFRS
- Previous experience in preparing statutory financial statements under UK GAAP
- Understanding of VAT and experience in preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- A strong desire to exceed expectations
- The ability to prioritise effectively in order to meet conflicting deadlines within the context of a demanding workload
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, both within finance and a multi-disciplinary setting.
- The ability to be flexible and pro-active in meeting the ever-changing requirements of our clients.
- Desire to continuously improve and streamline processes to make a meaningful contribution to the company's performance
- ACCA candidate