City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
about 1 year ago
A leading legal business are searching for a Financial Accountant to join their recently formed London based team in a newly created role in the City.
The role is to ensure the business conducts its financial operations and that all statutory and regulatory requirements are fulfilled.
Duties of the role include:
- Ensure integrity, accuracy and completeness of the financial statements and the annual report
- Develop, manage and execute plans for implementation of new or updated accounting and reporting announcements.
- Simplify and improve existing and complex processes and systems for account reconciliations and month-end closing
- Establish processes to monitor compliance and effectiveness of financial controls
- Understand the business and build good working relationships with colleagues external to finance
- Responsible for the achievement of the operational year end timetable and external audit review deliverables
- Good working knowledge of the business and what tax rules are applicable and the potential impact of departmental activity on them
- Use tax knowledge to perform reviews of structures that will impact on VAT and Corporation tax
- Develop a good working relationship with HMRC to ensure clear understanding of methodologies and the provision of relevant and correct data for any inspections.
- Responsible for the final preparation of business tax returns ensuring accuracy, completeness and statutory compliance - Corporation Tax Returns, VAT partial exemption returns
- Manage standard cash management solutions for circa £80-£200m of funds
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts to support both operational cash planning and investment planning
The ideal candidate will be practice trained with post qualified experience. ACA/ACCA candidates would be ideally suited to this role. You will have experience of preparing financial statements and tax based work also.
Apply below to look further into this!