City of London, London
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits & 75% Discount National Rail
about 1 month ago
A leading rail franchise are looking for a technically sound Financial Accountant to join their team based in the City.
The role is part of an established, small team within a leading rail franchise. Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be taking responsibility for the statutory reporting needs of a business in a secure industry with strong potential in line with the infrastructure projects on-going and planned for the organisation.
Duties of the role include:
- Acting as lead for the external auditors
- Overseeing all group reporting
- Management of the Accounts Payable function, with 1 direct report
- Ensure that financial reconciliations are carried oout on a timely basis
- Setting and monitoring budgets/forecast for the balance sheet and cashflow
- Monitoring variance analysis
- Building strong relationships across the business and becoming an expert on company finances
- Timely completion of statutory accounts
- Completion of tax packs
The ideal applicant will be ACA/ACCA qualified with either mid-tier practice experience or coming from an industry background. Strong technical and UK reporting experience will be key and a good working knowledge of UK GAAP/FRS 102.
A generous package including a base salary of £55,000, Free franchise rail travel AND Significant discounts across the entire national rail network and a discretionary bonus amongst other benefit.