£45000 - £58000 per annum
10 months ago
Financial Accountant position for an exciting Retail/ Ecommerce client. This role is a 12 month FTC maternity cover and sits within and overall finance team of 40. This role supports the Senior Group Financial Accountant to ensure that properties across the Group are accounted for correctly and consistently, and that all future IFRS 16 requirements are met.
- Drafting the monthly property journals and the posting thereof, analysing the monthly position/costs of each property within the portfolio, ensuring that property related accounting policies are applied consistently and that the Group is fully up to speed with regards to accounting developments and best practice in this area.
- Control all of the postings for properties across the EMEA business.
- Produce accurate monthly cost/balance sheet reconciliations that cover the entire EMEA property portfolio
- Own the property related accounting policies e.g. dilapidations, onerous leases etc and make sure that these are well documented and applied consistently across the Group. Where there are differences in accounting treatment ensure that these are fully understood and documented
- Business partner the EMEA finance team to proactively plan for change and make sure that property accounting is always up to date
- Present the interim/year end support for property related costs, prepayments and accruals to the external auditors and work through any resulting queries
- Maintain the collation of all lease agreements and routinely cross check workings back to source documentation
- Ensure full readiness and future compliance with IFRS 16 - including making sure that the correct entries are reflected within the management/statutory accounts
- Fully Qualified and ideally ACA/ ACCA although industry candidates with IFRS 16 knowledge will be considered
- Short notice