West End, London
£35000 - £45000 per annum
AF - FA_1620158109
10 days ago
An exciting opportunity has presented itself to join one of the UKs largest income specialists. The group is in the midst of a turnaround and has recently undertaken an acquisition. New executive management are in place with a clear strategy for growth. The finance team is seeking to strengthen the financial accounting and control team.
Responsible for: Statutory accounting and external reporting.
- Completion of monthly accruals, prepayments and reconciliations
- Deconsolidation process and financial statement production for subsidiary annual reporting.
- Ownership of process improvement around this process.
- Performing bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Assist with the Accounts Payable function across all entities
- Support the preparation of the annual and half year report
- Maintaining the fixed asset register and reconciliations
- Assist the annual and half year audit process
- Ownership and responsibility for the calculation of the Group's long term incentive plan.
- Support for monthly consolidation close activities and monthly technical accounting processes
- Work on projects to implement new accounting and reporting developments and improvement
- Provide support to the entire Corporate Accounting team during the month end process and on an ad hoc basis
- Ad hoc projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong accounting background
- Preparation or assistance with the preparation of financial accounts and resolution of technical accounting issues
- Strong data management skills, especially on Excel
- Proven experience of working in a professional team adhering to strict deadlines
- Accounts Payable experience
- Ambitious with ability to work on their own initiative
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to multi task and prioritise work load
- A desire to grow and develop with an expanding business
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels
- Relationship builder, maintaining close working relationships with relevant employees of the business to achieve objectives
- ACA/ACCA Part Qualified/Finalist
- Audit Background preferable