City of London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
about 1 month ago
KennedyPearce are hiring a Financial Accountant for a Market Research company based in the heart of London. If you looking for a hybrid Management Accounting/ Financial Accounting role in an exciting business this could be for you. Reporting to the UK Head of Finance, this role will be responsible for the accurate and timely accounting for a number of trading divisions within the UK Business.
What will I be delivering?
- Ensure that the monthly management accounts for the UK are completed accurately and to a high standard in line with agreed deadlines per the month-end timetable.
- Prepare a monthly analysis of the balance sheet and income statement highlighting and explaining key variances
- Post revenue journals ensuring the revenue recognition for the above entities is correct and in line with Group Policy and IFRS 15.
- Liaise with the relevant business leads to ensure revenue is reconciled correctly.
- Calculate, post and review the monthly GRNI and other Accruals providing a summary of the impact to senior management.
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all allocated accounts in line with the month-end timetable, ensuring that all queries are followed up and that the balance sheet integrity is maintained.
- Responsible for processing intercompany purchase and sales orders for the above entities, in line with the Group policy and ensuring all intercompany balances are agreed with the corresponding hub (UK and Global)
- Responsible for preparing and submitting VAT Returns on a Monthly and Quarterly basis and provide updates and training to the business to ensure compliance Actively engage in providing training to the business on finance processes to both support the business and promote the role of the Finance department within the organization.
- Actively engage in providing training to the business on finance processes to both support the business and promote the role of the Finance department within the organisation.
- Understanding of Capex with the ability to provide accurate and timely analysis of actuals and forecasting for recharge purposes and Capex Reporting. Utilizing internal tools to develop project plans and Capex schedules.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA,ACCA) or equivalent
- Minimum three years PQE
- Solid understanding of revenue recognition under IFRS 15 a
- Good problem solving, analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent written, oral and electronic communication skills
- Strong excel skill (e.g. V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, Sum if, etc.)