KennedyPearce are hiring a Financial Accountant for a permanent role based in London. This role will be hybrid working (3days in the office). You will manage a team of 2 accountant and will oversee preparation and presentation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts. This company is a global property development company.
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience working with operational stakeholders
- SAP knowledge
- Real Estate/ Property background
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Budgeting and Financial Management
- Lead monthly departmental operational review meetings with budget holders, in order to prepare a full year forecast and track on going progress against budgets, including the identification of risks & opportunities.
- Lead annual budget and quarterly forecast meetings with budget holders.
Accounting & Reporting
- Responsibility for preparation and analysis of centre-related profit and loss, financial and operational performance reports, and commentary for key variances to budget and forecast.
- Delivery of accounting and month end procedures, including monthly YTD operating expenditure and service charge expenditure accruals with a comparison to YTD budget.
Centre Management Activities
- Management of landlord business rates exposure and lead proactive pre-emption of mitigation opportunities including ongoing liaison with the local council.
- Preparation of the annual Service Charge Budget and Retailer Packs.
- Assist with annual service charge audit process.
- Assist in resolving queries from tenants regarding service charges and related matters as required.
- Preparation of VAT returns, CIS returns, and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Support the Operations Finance Manager with Joint Venture reporting as required;
- Assist internal and external auditors to resolve issues and/or provide information as required;