- Posted 14 March 2023
- Salary £55000 - £65000 per annum + hybrid working + bonus
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineAccounting & Finance
- Contact NameFerdie Arkwright
This rapidly growing fintech firm are searching for a qualified Financial Accountant to join their team to support further growth within the company. This firm incorporates a mixture of both wholesale and e-commerce sales, with their total annual remittances surpassing half a billion.
The company will only accept a candidate with a heavy SME background so they can fit in well with the team and assimilate with the company work ethic. Due to the nature of their business, thousands of transactions get processed every day, therefore the successful must be someone who isn't afraid to get stuck in with the numbers.
Key Roles & Responsibilities of the Financial Accountant:
- Financial Reporting Ownership - in charge of timely and accurate book-keeping including daily bank reconciliations, Sales and Purchase ledger.
- Assisting in the statutory audit process.
- Financial control through enforcing, developing and implementing financial policies to control the business.
- Organisation of the company's cash position through strong treasury management.
- Financial management - providing financial information to non-financial managers of the business, developing close working relationships with all areas of the business, particularly with the retail and ecommerce teams.
- Assisting with the preparation and management of the annual budgeting process for the company and continuing the development of the re-forecasting and long-term planning processes.
- Systems development - review, devise and implement changes to the accounting systems in conjunction with the IT function and software suppliers.
Skill and Qualifications of the Financial Accountant:
- Fully qualified.
- Post-qualification experience is essential - preferably in financial services and/or in an SME environment.
- Well-rounded experience in all aspects of financial management.
- Strong technical and accounting knowledge and demonstrable experience of financial control, through balance sheet reconciliations, P&L review and maintenance of financial processes.
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrable IT skills and knowledge of accounting system operations - an IT background is preferred due to the
- Collaborative work ethic with team working capabilities to ensure solid working relationships throughout the company.
The successful candidate will be paid up to £65,000 with a minimum 10% bonus. This hybrid role will be 3 days in the office a week, which is in Hammersmith. If you feel you meet the requirements of this opportunity, please don't hesitate in applying.