Back to jobs
- Posted 18 May 2023
- Salary £50000 - £60000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineAccounting & Finance
- Contact NameJoanna Engel
Financial Service Organisation currently seeks a Qualified Financial Accountant to join the business on a permanent basis. This is an expanding organisation therefore would suit a candidate who is keen to develop and progress.
Reporting into the Finance Director the Financial Accountant who require excellent attention to details, strong technical knowledge and excellent business partnering skills. This is a fast-paced environment and would suit a "hands on" Accountant.
Duties of the Financial Accountant include:
- Preparation of month board packs
- Production of statutory accounts
- Cashflow forecasting
- Overseeing of group and statutory audit
- Ownership and monthly review of the balance sheet reconciliations, including the supporting information. Pursue all queries, corrections, and adjustments with the relevant finance teams. Take action to resolve, challenge and provide commentary.
- Monthly/quarterly VAT returns
- Reporting under FRS102
- Ensure compliance to existing policies and procedures. Drive and implement improvement to those policies and procedures and ensure that all internal control requirements are met.
- Remain technically up to date with financial legislation developments that may affect internal or external reporting requirements. Share the knowledge with other team members to help development.
- Support strategic business plan
- Liaise with stakeholders throughout the group.
- Ad-hoc projects
Requirements for the Financial Accountant include:
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong system skills
- Advanced Excel
- Strong technical knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.