Kennedy Pearce are working with an Investment Management firm who are looking to bring a part qualified Financial Accountant on board to join their team. This role will be based in the City paying between £45-50K.
Responsibilities of the Financial Accountant
- Prepare and review external financial statements, including quarterly and annual reports, ensuring compliance with US GAAP, UK GAAP and SEC requirements
- Oversee the preparation, submission, and filing of VAT returns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Resolve tax-related queries from various stakeholders, ensuring compliance and accuracy in all tax matters.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of evolving accounting standards, VAT legislation, and regulatory changes, ensuring the company's financial operations remain compliant.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external auditors during financial and operational audits.
- Support payroll function with queries and journal entries during the month and for bonuses, commissions and RSUs
- Participate in the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Work with other finance and operational teams to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Support ad-hoc projects relating to financial reporting and tax issues as required.
- Internal and external auditors
- Internal and external tax consultants
- Internal legal and secretarial teams
- UK Managing Director
- Compliance team
- Global finance team
- EMEA Finance Director
- EMEA West Financial controller
- Payroll function
- Knowledge of UK-GAAP / IFRS is essential and US-GAAP is desirable.
- Strong technical knowledge with regards to revenue recognition accounting policies.
- Excellent communicator with ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Hands-on experience with Oracle Financial Systems and Hyperion Financial Management is preferred
- Enthusiastic and approachable and able to engage operational managers on financial matters#
- Detail-oriented with a passion for ensuring accuracy.
Strong analytical skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel essential and Microsoft PowerPoint is desirable.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent, as well as part qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent international accounting qualification.