City of London, London
£80000 - £90000 per annum
11 months ago
Based in the City our client are a Brokers with a successful growth story to date and the intention to develop further via acquisition. This is start-up environment therefore the firm has strong entrepreneurial management and are offering this position as an opportunity to work closely with the decision makers of the business.
You will report to the CFO and take responsibility for the day to day running of the Finance Function. They currently outsource work to an external accountants and have a number of consultants assisting with projects. This position will bring some of that work in house so this is a good opportunity to create the finance function. Duties include:
- Monitoring the daily tasks of the UK finance team, covering management accounting, financial accounting, purchase and sales ledger and regulatory accounting
- Review of daily client money calculations, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, tax and VAT calculations and partner payments
- Discuss queries with team members and investigate complex discrepancies
- Review and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Analyse variances and present management commentary to senior management
- Provide and discuss financial reports and analysis to external auditors
- Developing and setting processes and instilling financial discipline for record keeping
- Responsible for implementing and ensuring internal control processes are adhered to
- Liaising with consultants and outsourced providers
- Numerous projects include a finance system implementation in 2020
You will manage a Part Qualified Accountant. You will also be responsible for hiring a Qualified Accountant.
Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with a background in banking/ broking or similar with product knowledge to include any of the following: Options, Futures, FX, Commodities, CFDs, Fixed Income, derivatives. You may have been an Assistant FC, FC or Senior Finance member who is proactive and self-motivated.
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000