Hammersmith and Fulham, London
£65000 - £75000 per annum
9 months ago
A growing fintech business who have demonstrated acceleration year on year are looking to hire a Financial Controller following a promotion internally. The company employs people who take initiative and can be flexible. Everyone is expected to engage with all areas across the business and they pride themselves on collaboration and team work.
The position will involve day to day running of finance and the ongoing development of systems and process improvements. Duties will include:
- Responsibility for the preparation of accurate, timely financial information for the executive team, shareholders and lenders. This includes monthly management accounts, reporting to lenders and statutory accounts.
- Maintain relationships and prepare information for auditors (quarterly and annual audits)
- Prepare annual budgets along with regular reforecasts using excel models.
- Assist sales and provide commercial insights
- Monitor main KPI's and recommend proactive measures to improve
- Monthly payroll and quarterly VAT returns
- Handle day to day contact with our lenders.
- Forecast cash requirements and monitor sources
- Assist on any projects to raise new capital
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor FCA compliance issues involving the company and affecting the industry. Ensure that the company complies with legal and regulatory requirements
- Participate in the transformation of the company's financial processes and systems including new financial reporting systems and tools to analyse pricing and loan portfolio performance
Career development will be at from the rapid growth of the business.
You must be a Qualified Accountant who has worked for a small business (or a smaller finance team) from Technology or Fintech.