£80000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits
3 months ago
An exclusive opportunity has arisen to join a global commodities organisation based in the City to help head up and succeed in its recently restructured finance function.
The business has a large global presence with a range of technical accounting issues. The new Department Lead has been brought in to drive efficiency and ability with the team. With regular training, upskilling and progression routes now central to the role.
You will be responsible for leading a mix of 15 qualified and part-qualified individuals in order to complete the range of accounting tasks required. The continued development of this team will be a central part of your role and close working with the department lead to contribute to the strategic direction of the business.
- Team management 5 direct and 9 indirect
- Delivering financial statements in line with IFRS
- Development of internal controls, procedures and policies for the team to adhere too
- Document and maintain supporting information for all financial transactions
- Strategic overview of the finance function in partnership with the Department lead
- Overseeing AR/AP/GL team lead to ensure that they are supported and completing accurate transaction processing
- Partnering with internal business leads around reporting
- Support to business in preparation of annual stock takes
- Reporting FX position to the Treasury Team
The ideal candidate will be:
- ACA/ACCA qualified with a minimum of 5 years PQE
- A strong leadership background with exposure to managing teams of a minimum of 5 direct reports
- Strong IFRS knowledge
- A background in larger, preferably listed organisations
On offer is a competitive package that is in excess of £85,000 with additional benefits, 25 days annual leave and the chance to be a central part of a large organisations financial leadership team.