City of London, London
£100000 - £110000 per annum + + benefits
AF - AD - 749_1606760708
5 months ago
Kennedy Pearce have been tasked with finding a Financial Controller for one of our key clients.
As the Financial Controller you will take full responsibility for one of my clients three accounting specialist teams who, between them, maintain the financial records for different funds.
You will ensure that the team correctly applies the relevant accounting rules and provides meaningful and appropriate financial reporting.
You will be responsible for the team's completion, to strict deadlines, of IFRS-compliant financial statement disclosures subject to external audit.
· You will ensure relevant IFRS are reviewed by team
· Ensures the accounting policies of the Funds are up-to-date and consistent with IFRS.
· You will supervise the review of complex transactions and analysis of data to identify and quantify potential accounting postings required.
· You will review and approves accounting journals
· You will leads the development of procedures to ensure the accounting department best responds to the needs of my client.
· You will Business Partner with other teams on projects
· You will liaises with senior internal and external auditors and responds to queries.
· You will directly accountable for the engagement and effective overall management of staff
· Fully ACA qualified or equivalent and degree educated
· At least 3 years' post qualification experience
· Direct experience in a leadership capacity of accounting for/auditing a similar function in an organisation of comparable size and complexity
· Detailed knowledge of relevant IFRS standards, especially IFRS 9
· Strong grasp of Banking/Treasury functions, products and strategies
· Experience in managing teams
· Ability to drive improvement in processes and enhance efficiency
· Statutory financial accounts preparation and/or audit experience on financial accounts
· Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel, experience with Summit and SAP R3 a benefit