Global Organisation seeks a Financial Controller to join the team on a permanent basis. The Financial Controller will be reporting to the Group Finance Director and be part of UK shared services. The finance team is going through a period of change, the Financial Controller will help to set the agenda and drive the team forwards. The role will provide the opportunity to deliver change, whilst working with a new structure within finance, using new accounting software and ensuring BAU for operational continuity.
A genuine interest in the numbers and technical grounding, combined with a commercial appetite are all key features to the success of this role, as well as the ability to truly partner with the MD/FD and operational stakeholders.
The company has recently migrated to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for day-to-day accounting purposes and thus previous knowledge of Dynamics would be advantageous.
This key appointment of the Financial Controller is a very visible stakeholder to the wider business with ranging responsibilities involving, but not limited to:
- Managing and leading a small finance team
- Preparation of management accounts together with supporting schedules
- Overview and control of the Balance Sheet
- Month end reporting to the immediate business and into the parent
- Managing the forecasting and budgeting processes
- Managing cash flow forecasting
- Managing working capital reporting
- Preparation of statutory financial statements
- Leading on the external annual audit
- Working closely with our tax advisors on all taxation matters
- Ensuring efficient and appropriate management control processes are in place.
- Driving continuous improvement in financial reporting standards, systems, processes, and controls, ensuring adequate policies and procedures
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with senior stakeholders, ensuring financial information is fully utilised and able to support decision making and business growth.
Essentially this role is targeting a qualified finance leader who has the aspiration to become a Finance Director. It will be a given that you have exemplary communication skills and be used to working with varied and senior stakeholders as well as demonstrating an ability to push back when required. Previous exposure to working in a professional services/project-based environment is essential.
Qualification/Experience for the Financial Controller include:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- At least 5 to 10 years' experience working as a Financial Controller within an SME, ideally in a project-based business.
- At least 5 years' experience of managing a finance team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central